Truly, the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own self transformation.
My Thoughts on Therapy
- Therapy should be a collaborative meaning-making process that happens between those in the room
- The therapeutic process should evolve naturally and can be as short as a single session or multiple sessions that occur over a short or longer period of time
- No commitment is required in terms of number of sessions or length between sessions
- Therapy can happen with individuals, couples/partners, or with multiple members of a family; who attends from one session to the next can vary
- Individuals are welcome to bring a friend, partner or family member for support if helpful
I offer support for:
- symptoms of depression
- symptoms of anxiety
- trauma related symptoms such abuse, accidents, loss
- sexual and intimacy related topics including kink, poly and LGBTQ
- self-esteem, self-worth and self-compassion concerns
- life transitions and adjustment issues such as going away for school, job loss, separating from a partner, etc.
- identity exploration
- parenting concerns
- sexual and intimacy related issues including explorations related to polyamoury, kink and LGBTQ
- intimate relationships affected by traumatic experiences had by one or more partners
- the impacts of mental health concerns on intimate relationships
- life transitions and adjustment issues throughout the lifespan
- impact of addictions on intimate relationships
- parenting together and co-parenting among separated couples such as having a baby, becoming “empty nesters”, etc.
- relational and family breakdown
- high conflict intimate relationships
- trauma related issues such as helping a parent better support a child who has suffered abuse
- the impacts of mental health concerns on family relationships including emotional and behavioural struggles with children
- life transitions and adjustment issues such as decisions to put a parent in a nursing home, how to support aging parents, dealing with the impacts of divorce, etc.
- grief/loss related issues
- coping with addictions among one or more family members
- LGBTQ issues, such as a child choosing to come out or transition
- 60 minute meeting: $120 – recommended for individuals
- 75 minute meeting: $150 – optional for individuals, couples & families
- 90 minute meeting: $180 – recommended for couples & families